Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Week 19

Our little boy is the size of a mango this week! J

Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil and dead skin cells (yum), now coats baby's skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense.) You might actually get to see the vernix at birth, especially if baby is premature.

Someone asked me if I wanted a seat on the train today. J I was wondering when that was going to happen. I guess I’m really starting to look pregnant. Boy, time is flying.

I’ve been having a hard time sleeping, but I’m hoping that’ll pass soon. I doubt it since I’m just going to get bigger and more uncomfortable. I feel like I haven’t slept in weeks. My sinuses are a mess as well. Oh joy. LOL I’ll take this on and more any day for the feeling of a little one growing inside me.

Stay tuned for the Week 20 belly pic next week! Next week is also my 20 week ultrasound.

No comments: